Powerplant Music Technology Workshops
Carbon Copy - composed by Joby Burgess and Matthew Fairlclough, fuses the ancient berimbau with drum set and samples / synths built with Ableton Live
Audiotectonics III - composed by Matthew Fairclough, performed on xylosynth triggering bespoke samples from Logic's EXS24
Chain of Command - composed by Graham Fitkin, xylosynth triggers vocal samples of George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld, Boss RC50 for live looping
My Name Is - composed by Steve Reich, audience voices sampled live using a bespoke Max/Msp patch recreating 15 reel to reel tape machines
Electric Counterpoint - composed by Steve Reich, an arrangement for xylosynth using vintage synth sounds inspired by The Orb's Little Fluffy Clouds
- Churchill Academy, North Somerset
- Bristol Cathedral School, Bristol
- Saltash Community School, Cornwall
- King Edward VI Community College, Totnes, Devon
- Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
- Chetham's School of Music, Manchester
- Junior Guildhall School of Music & Drama, London
- Junior Trinity College of Music, London
These workshops have been funded with thanks to an RDIF grant from the University of Liverpool.
Additional thanks goes to St George's, Bristol (March 20) and South West Music School (March 21) for their asistance in setting up these workshops.